behaviour management theories
Published on Oct 6, 2017
Classroom Management Theories
• Skinner’s work in operant conditioning has been integrated into
both classroom management and instructional development.
When applied to programmed instruction, the following should
• Practice should occur in a question-answer format that exposes
students to information gradually through a series of steps.
• The learner should respond each time and receive immediate
• Good performance should be paired with secondary reinforcers
like praise, prizes and good grades.
• Instructors should try to arrange questions by difficulty so the
response is always correct, creating positive enforcement.
Behavior Management Theory: Skinner (1960)